Be a Triathlete, or Just Eat Like One
No matter what level athlete you are, your training plan is the blueprint for success. With all of the work you put in on the road, at the gym or in the pool, it’s easy to overlook the importance of proper nutrition.
Simply put, your training will never reach the next level without the nutrients that your body needs to fuel it. Protein throughout the day, especially just before and after your workout. During exercise you should set a target of 30 to 60 grams of carbs and electrolytes each hour, with a 3/1 ratio of carbs to protein.
So now that we’ve established that, what might an average meal plan for a triathlete-in-training look like? Here’s an example that you can use as a jumping off point for your own training.
• Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake Mix (add your favorite fruit if desired)
• For additional nutritional benefits, add one scoop of Simply Probiotic and one scoop of Personalized Protein Powder
• 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese with a piece of fruit
• 1 Herbalife24 ACHIEVE Protein Bar
• Turkey burger on a whole-wheat bun, piled high with vegetables
• Enjoy a tall glass of Herbal Aloe Concentrate along with lunch
• Salad with fresh vegetables, grilled chicken and some rice with grilled vegetables
• Other dinner variations could include grilled steak, salad and a large sweet potato
• Before bed, have a tall glass of milk with 1–2 scoops of Herbalife24® Enhanced Protein Powder
• One serving of Herbalife24® Restore at night allows you to prepare for the next day’s training even while you sleep
Maintain a Consistent Schedule
Not every athlete’s training schedule is the same. For those who work out in the morning, it’s best to do so before breakfast.
If you prefer to train later in the day, say after work, schedule your workout before dinner. Eat a regular lunch two to three hours before your workout but avoid foods that are high in fat or fiber, which can lead to gastrointestinal distress when combined with heavy exercise.
No matter what time you schedule your workout for, follow this nutrition plan for your training session:
30 Minutes Before Training Session
During Training Session
Herbalife24® CR7 Drive
Immediately After Workout
Herbalife24® Rebuild Strength* – Remember, your workout is not complete until you’ve had your recover shake.
*Herbalife24® Rebuild Strength is a dietary supplement. Use only in amount and frequency stated in label directions.
And Keep This in Mind…
No matter what time of day you exercise, it’s crucial that you drink plenty of water throughout the day.
One more important thing to remember is that as your workout intensifies, you must increase your caloric intake.
Before embarking on any physical activity, please consult your physician.